Thelma

If Nyusi’s estimated death toll is confirmed, Tropical Cyclon

  clone Idai would be the deadliest tropical cyclone on record to have hit southern Africa.

  Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) said there was no power in Beira and surr

ounding areas, and nearly all communication lines had been destroyed.

  ”Main roads leading into Beira have been cut off, buildings have been submerged and se

verely damaged, and all business has been shut down,” said the aid agency, adding that “medical acti

vities in Beira hospital, in local health centers, and throughout the community have ceased completely.”

  Though the cyclone hit Mozambique on Thursday, the extent of

the damage has taken days to come into focus due in part to the country’s poor infrastructure.

  The scale of #CycloneIdai in Beira, Mozambique, is truly heartbreaking. Initial assessments from @ifrc estimate at le

ast 90% of the area is completely destroyed. Read what IFRC aid workers are witnessing in the ar

www.shlf18.com

The brotherly bailout is striking because Mukesh Ambani pla

  yed a part in bringing his younger brother’s business to the brink of collapse.

  The Mumbai billionaire stunned India in September 2016 when he launched a ne

w mobile network called Reliance Jio that offered customers six months of free high-speed internet.

  The move triggered a brutal price war, forcing some companies to quit the market altogether, including Reliance Communications.

  Indian billionaire turns to bankruptcy court after losing 4G price war with his brother

  Anil Ambani’s company, once one of India’s biggest mobile pl

ayers, announced in late 2017 that it would sell its main consumer mobile business to Reli

ance Jio in order to focus on providing data services to corporate clients.

  That deal has now been abandoned, the two companies said Monday. An Indian bankruptcy court will instead auct

ion off Reliance Communications’ mobile assets to pay off the company’s $7 billion debt.

  The Ambani brothers have had a tumultuous and often acrim

onious relationship. After the death of their father in 2002, they waged a bitter succe

ssion battle for control of the vast Reliance business empire that he had spent decades building.

www.wedding-gowns-whoLesaLe.com

endees take photographs of an Oppo 5G smartphone model at a

Chinese smartphone maker Oppo is making a strong push into overseas markets, after it strengthened its position as the second-largest player on its home turf.

The Guangdong-based company believes that its 10 years of experience in explorin

g foreign countries, and its growing pool of patents and international talent, will help it to go global in a better way.

Two days ahead of the Feb 25-28 Mobile World Congress Barcelona, the

largest annual telecommunications gathering in Spain, Oppo unveiled its first 5G sm

artphone and announced that four foreign telecom carriers are to be among the first to sell the 5G model.

Oppo said its 5G handset will use the United States semicond

uctor giant Qualcomm Inc’s Snapdragon 855 chipset and X50 modem to latch onto 5G networks.

happla.cn

Xiang Ligang, director-general of the Information Consum

ption Alliance, said if Chinese smartphone makers want to trul

y grow into global brands, they cannot just stay in China or Southeast Asia or Africa. Th

ey need to establish a presence in more advanced markets such as Japan, Europe and the United States.

“They had made significant technological advancements as well as product designs in recent y

ears. They are now in a relatively good position to venture out into the advanced battlefields,” Xiang said.

Even as Oppo steps up expansion in Europe, it has filed over 33,000 patent applications worldwide as of January.

It has also inked a multi-year global patent license agreement with Swedish telecom equi

pment giant Ericsson. Under the deal, the two sides will also collaborate on a number of business projects.

www.hnslxxw.com.cn

tudents sleep at noon in the classroom, in East China’s Anhui prov

More than 60 percent of children and teens do not get adequate sleep, which can put their health at risk, according to a repor

t released on Sunday by the Chinese Sleep Research Society, ahead of the World Sleep Day that falls on March 21.

Nearly 63 percent of Chinese youths ages 6 to 17 sleep less than eight hours a day, acco

rding to the report. Among 13- to 17-year-olds the figure is more than 81 percent.

The report was based on a survey at the end of last year and in January. It covered nea

rly 70,000 children and teens ages 6 to 17 across the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.

The report found that the heavy school homework load and the popu

larization of electronic devices were the two top causes for the inadequate sleep. From Mon

day to Thursday, 8.4 percent of the group would still be busy with their homework after 11 pm.

zaojiaowg.com

Death toll of New Zealand mosque shooting rises to 50adaily.co

  Several gunmen opened fire at two mosques in central Christchurch, New Zealand, Friday afternoon, leaving 50 people dead.

  • New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern described the attack as one of her country’s “darkest days”

  • An Australian citizen in his late 20s appeared in court Saturday, charged with murder

  • Two others were arrested in the immediate aftermath of the shootings

  • Suspect reportedly uses modified semi-automatic weapons

  • Arden said the nation’s gun laws will change

  • Major social media remove shooting video of terror attacks

  The death toll in the New Zealand mosque shootings rose to 50 on Sunday after police found another victim at one of the m

osques, and Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said bodies of those killed would begin to be released to families for burial.

  Australian Brenton Tarrant, 28, a suspected white supremacist, was charged with murder on Saturday. Tarrant w

as remanded without a plea and is due back in court on April 5 where police said he was likely to face more charges.

  Friday’s attack, which Ardern labeled as terrorism, was the worst ever peacetime m

ass killing in New Zealand and the country had raised its security threat level to the highest.

www.9402267.org.cn

Footage of the attack on one of the mosques was broa

  dcast live on Facebook, and a “manifesto” denouncing immigrants as

“invaders” was also posted online via links to related social media accounts.

  It is customary in Islam to bury the dead within 24 hours but no bodies have

been released because of the investigation, police said.

  Arden said bodies would be handed over to families from Sunday evening.

  ”It is likely, however, to be a small number to begin with,” she told a media

briefing, adding that all should be returned by Wednesday.

  Ardern said police would be posted at all mosques while they are open.

  Police Commissioner Mike Bush said the body of the 50th victim was found at

the Al Noor mosque, where more than 40 people

died after a gunman entered and shot at people with a semi-automatic rifle with

high-capacity magazines, before travelling to a second mosque.

9402267.org.cn

hinese President Xi Jinping sent a message of condolenc

to New Zealand Governor-General Patsy Reddy on Friday over the deadly shooting incidents earlier Friday in New Zealand’s Christchurch City.

In his message, Xi said he was shocked to learn about the serious shooting incidents which have caused heavy casualties.

On behalf of the Chinese government, the Chinese people and in his ow

n name, Xi expressed deep sympathy with and sincere condolences to the New Zealand gov

ernment and the New Zealand people, while expressing grief for the victims and wishing the injured an early recovery.

Also on Friday, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang sent a message of condolence to New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Arder

n, expressing grief for the victims while extending sincere sympathies to the injured and the bereaved families.

7893391.cn

The Chinese community in New Zealand’s Christchurch has

stood out following Friday’s terrorist attacks on two mosques, condemning terrorism and expressing their support for the victims by donating money.

Although there was no Chinese casualty in the attacks, the Chinese commu

nity is closely following the situation and cares about all victims, Canton Chamber of Co

mmerce in New Zealand, an organization of local Chinese merchants, said in a statement Saturday.

“No racism, no violence, no terrorism of any form!” said the statement.

The chamber has asked all its members to donate money for the victi

ms and is in contact with the Consulate General of China in Christchurch to voice support and

condolences for the victims on behalf of all Chinese in the city, said the statement.

The University of Canterbury Chinese Students & Scholars Society also expressed shock and regret over the atta

cks on Saturday, saying the atrocities have destroyed many people’s lives and aroused deep anger.

www.7893386.cn

Demonization of Huawei will prove to be a political farce

China’s Palace Museum signed an agreement on Friday with Huawei Technologies Co Ltd to promote the use of its 5G telecommunications technology. With

the new generation telecoms technology, the Forbidden City, which is the tourist site that welcomes the largest nu

mber of visitors in the world each year, will definitely provide state-of-the-art services.

Supported by the much faster mobile network, the museum will likely be digitalized to such

an extent that visitors thousands of miles away may be able to explore it in virtual reality. And those visi

ting it in person will be able to learn about the treasures it houses in greater detail with the aid of digital technology.

In the past 20 years since the museum started to facilitate its work with digital technology, a lot

of information about the cultural relics it preserves has been provided on its app, and multiple dig

italized ways have been employed for visitors to have a more rewarding experience.

www.87877777.com